Thursday, December 31, 2009

In the Beginning was God

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Step 2

Before anything was God was. He was there and he started all things. He was before man, angels, and any of the qualities of life that we perceive now. He was there and He created it all in a manner too deep for us to grasp. Colossians 1:16-17 says the following: “For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.”

Because He was before anything was we have to decide whether He has the power to take care of things today. Since He had the power to create all He is able to deal with the things of today as well.

Prayer for today: God since you stated that you were there to start this whole thing I ask today that you will watch over me. I didn’t ask to be here but you have placed me here within this life. Give me the strength to keep going forward with you. Thank you for being there. Help me to get to know you for Who You are, not for what my fears say.

1 comment:

  1. I have read the AA "Big Book" and the Narcotics Anonymous version and when I read books by Ellen White I see phrases in her writings that are interestingly similar to those phrases later used by and made common and cliche in 12 step programs. My point is, I wonder how Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob were influenced by Mrs. Whites writings. It's interesting to me. Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete