Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God Talks to Cain

And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? And why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shat thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. Genesis 4:6-7

Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

God, in His great mercy, came to talk to Cain. He gave Cain feedback on several issues. God asked Cain why he was so upset about His rejection of Cain’s sacrifice? He told Cain that he should not be surprised for if one does wrong to God that God will tell him to give him opportunity to straighten things out. If one does not get these things straight that person will not be accepted by God. God knows what we are capable of and He will not leave us to struggle alone. God will help us, if we choose to accept that help. If we are not willing to accept His help we are on our own and will make so many mistakes that our addictions will take over and kill us. But if we surrender to God He will help us to rule over our addictions and give us recovery and victory.

Prayer for Today: Lord you know that I love my addictions one day and the next day I hate it. Please help me to be able to surrender to You and receive the help I need. I pray that today my pride will not get in the way of doing what I need to do. Help me to be willing to ask for You help before my addiction takes full control of me. Thank You that You would be willing to come and seek me out to talk to me. Help me today to be willing to hear You. Thank You again for Your mercy and Your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment