Sunday, June 20, 2010

Moses is A Type of Jesus

The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. Deuteronomy 18:15-18

Steps: 1, 2, 3, 11, 12

God thought very highly of Moses. He even told us that He would raise up another prophet like Moses, and that when He raised up that Prophet we should listen to Him. That Apostle Peter in Acts 3:19-26 says that Jesus was that Prophet prophesied by Moses. Jesus was like Moses to Israel of His time, and if they would have listened to Him they would have been delivered. Now it is our turn to assess these things and learn from the failures of those in the past.

Prayer for Today: God, please help us to listen and learn from these Bible stories. We need Your help to understand these things and we need Your help to change our lives. Help us we pray again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment