Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Peter Goes to Rome Also

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. John 21:18

Steps: 11, 12

In God's timing Paul finally went to Rome and was killed their as a martyr for Jesus. Peter also made it to Rome, and Jesus had prophesied what would happen to him after he had done all of his work for Jesus. It is an interesting idea in the Bible that one of the greatest blessings of service to Jesus is to be allowed to suffer for His name sake. See Acts 5:40-41. Peter also was allowed to be crucified and he chose to be crucified upside down as a testimony of his memory of denying Jesus three times. Peter and Paul suffered for their Master and Friend.

Prayer for Today: God grant us the serenity to acceptGod grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Help me to choose to follow You even if I know that I am going to suffer for Your sake. Help me to count any suffering as a blessing because I have been identified with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment