Tuesday, February 2, 2010

God Saw the Wickedness of Man

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord said I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping things, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth Me that I have made them. Genesis 6:5, 7

Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11

God saw that His creation had turned against Him and against His recovery program. God knew that He could help man to change, but they refused Him and chose addictive thoughts and behaviors. It got so bad that an eternally merciful God concluded that a special plan had to be put into place to have anyone survive to work with. God decided that the only way to have anyone make it would be to bring a general destruction on earth. They would not change and rather than let them suffer He would come up with a plan.

Prayer for Today: I recognize that many times it seems that my heart is evil continually. I sometimes can hardly think of a good thing to be done. Yet sometimes if feels like I think that way that You think. Please help me to not fall into the pit of thinking evil continually. I want recovery, but often do not know how to get it, or to keep it. Don’t give up on me, and please help me to stay in touch with You. Thank You for Your patience with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment