Monday, August 30, 2010

Nebuchadnezzar Chooses to Follow God

And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me. Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase. Daniel 4:34-37

Steps: 11, 12

Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, goes through a long 7 year experience according to Daniel 4. At the end of this time the king is ready and desirous to accept God as his Lord and Saviour. When he had learned the lessons that God wanted to teach him he, in turn, is willing to share his experience, strength, and hope with all of the then known world. We to can profit from his experience and learn the lessons he learned at such a price.

Prayer for Today: God, thank you for teaching King Nebuchadnezzar such a precious lesson and we pray that You will help us learn the same lesson. Thank You for being willing to take him through that experience and then sharing the story so that we too can profit from it. Help us to decide before such extreme measures are needed to get through to us. Thank You for Your messages of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment