Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Moses Intercedes for Israel Like Christ Does

And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin. And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.
Exodus 32:30-34

Steps: 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12

Moses, knowing the behaviors of Israel, is willing to go before God, for the people and be a sponsor for them. He intercedes for them with God. Moses goes so far that he says that if God can not forgive Israel then he also wants to be blotted out of the book of life. God has a special plan on how to save Israel if they will let Him do so.

Prayer for Today: God You know our hearts. You know that we sin against You one day and then pray for Your forgiveness the next. Help us to be willing to examine Your special plan for saving us and help us to be willing to choose Your plans over our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment