Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cain, of that Wicked One

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil and his brother’s righteous. I John 3:11-12

Steps 1, 2, 3, 4

In this text God declares that the issue between Cain and Abel was the Cain’s works were evil and his brother’s works were righteous. This is always the conflict in spiritual issues. God declared in the above verse that Abel’s works were righteous and thus God accepted them. Cain’s works were evil and God refused them. This is the flash point in spiritual issues. We feel cheated and dishonored when we read in the Bible that certain acts are not acceptable to God. When we find out that we are wrong, in God’s opinion, rather than accepting that God is not trying to harm us but trying to inform us, we choose to rebel against God even further and want to harm the recipient of His blessings. Thus Cain was identified as being with the wicked one, Satan, and was not a part of the plan of God.

Prayer for Today: God, you know me much better than I do. Please help me to accept you assessment over my assessment. I know that I am capable of lying to myself. I know that you do not lie, but always tell the truth, even if it hurts. I want the truth today, and I want to believe that if I accept the truth about myself, You will not leave me nor forsake me. I know that I would leave You and forsake You but help me to trust that when You say the truth about me You are not trying to get rid of me but to tell me that my addiction is trying to kill me. Help me to stand with Abel, regardless of the consequences and to avoid standing with Cain. Thank you for alerting me to these issues and helping me to choose to work with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment