Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Will Put Enmity Between You and the Woman

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heal. Genesis 3:15

Steps 3,11,12

God introduces a new concept to Adam and Eve. He effectively states that since they have sinned, by choosing Satan over Jesus, they have lost all ability to say no to their addictions. God says that He will have to give them enmity against Satan. It is God’s gift, and His alone, to help any addict to say no to their addictive substance, event, or process. On our own we will naturally choose to cooperate with our addiction and be happy in it while we are dying. Yet God, seeing our need, chose to introduce enmity, the desire to break free from our addictive thinking. Without this gift we would not be able to say no. God granted us this gift, and granted us the ability to turn away from the call of our addiction, if we choose to do so.

Prayer for Today: God you know that most of the time I don’t want to turn away from my addictions. Yet some times I can feel the struggle going on in my heart and recognize that I must do something different or die. Please help me for I can not help myself. Strengthen the enmity within me so that I can say no and then follow through with that decision. I thank you for all of your precious gifts to me, including the desire to say no to my addictions and to say yes to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment