Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Deal Goes Bad

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took the of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. Genesis 3:6

Steps 1, 2, 4, 11, 12

God had told Eve not to eat of the fruit because it would harm her. The serpent (the devil disguised as a snake) tells Eve just the opposite. Eve chooses to believe the serpent and begins to believe that she would be wise. She eats of it, checks it out, and then shares it with her husband. After he checks out Eve, and she is not dead, he also concludes that God did not know what He was talking about and then he joined her in eating the fruit (taking the hit). If the Bible stopped the story here it would seem that they were pretty wise. But the second step of AA indicates that there is a bit of insanity here. In the second step it states that we have to be brought back to sanity. If we have to be brought back then it would appear that for some period of time we have been insane. To hear God and then to rebel against what He has said, to believe satan, and then act on it is insane. Has that been your experience in rebellion so far in your life? Has drug using, or whatever your addiction, brought you the kind of joy and peace that you were looking for?

Prayer for Today: God you already know that I have rebelled against you and did exactly what you told me not to do. I am still struggling with the idea that I made a good deal with the devil. Yet things do not seem to be going as good as I had desired. Please help me to see what is happening to me and let me know the truth about my situation. Help me not to rebel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment