Thursday, April 22, 2010

Laban is Blessed Because Of Jacob

And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph, that Jacob said unto Laban, Send me away, that I may go unto mine own place, and to my country. Give me my wives and my children, for whom I have served thee, and let me go: for thou knowest my service which I have done thee. And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, tarry: for I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake. Genesis 30:25-27

Steps: 4, 5

Laban is learning a valuable lesson. After deceiving Jacob regarding Leah and Rachel he is blessed by the fact that Jacob has watched over his flocks for almost 21 years. Jacob’s flocks have grown and so have Laban’s flocks. Jacob now has 4 wives and 11 sons. Jacob is getting restless and wants to return to his home to be with his father and mother. Laban recognizes that he has been blessed by Jacob and wants to keep him around longer. Laban tries to keep Jacob close by giving him increased wages. Jacob agrees to work with Laban a little longer and Genesis 30:43 states “And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels and asses.”

Prayer for Today: God, we thank You for Your blessings. It is You that bring prosperity to us when we choose to cooperate with You and Your plans. Today we ask that if we have turned away from Your plans for us, that You will bring us back and get us resettled. Bless us as You blessed Jacob. You know that we tend to turn away from You easily and today we ask that You will bring us back and get us restabilized. Thank You for Your love and care for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment