Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Wife for Isaac

And I came this day unto the well, and said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go: Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink; And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman whom the LORD hath appointed out for my master’s son. And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew water: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee. And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: so I drank, and she made the camels drink also. Genesis 24:42-46

Steps 1,2,3,4,5,11,12

Abraham sent his servant to find a wife for Isaac. The servant went to Abraham’s family to find this wife lest Isaac find a wife of the people of Canaan. At least a woman of Abraham’s original family would have some awareness of the true God. The servant prays about the wife, and what kind of criteria he would be looking for in her, and when he had finished praying God brought the woman to him and the servant was thrilled and praised God for this blessing. He felt successful and was ready to return to Abraham with the gift from God for Isaac.

Prayer for Today: Thank You for Your testimony that You can answer our prayers any way You like. Thank You for Your assurance that You know every detail of what we need and even before we are finished praying You have the details worked out. Thank You for being so faithful to us. We want to trust You to care for our every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment